#What you’ll learn
- Quick Setup your own Open Source Personal VPN server online and safeguard your privacy and identity.
- A normal configuration computer with internet connectivity and an urge to learn VPN server setup
Hello and welcome to my Quick Setup Personal VPN Server Course. !!
- We are living in this connected world and the fact is that almost all of our personal, as well as official information we exchange through the internet through platforms like social media and websites, are traceable.
- Because of this sheer amount of data that we exchange through the internet, our online privacy should be our topmost priority. Organizations, Governments, people, Internet providers .. are all trying to get hold of your information to sell them or use them for marketing and other unwanted purposes. They are trying to monitor you each and every second.
- In this course, we will try to set up our own VPN Server which can help us make our internet traffic secure and safe. Let’s have a quick overview of the contents that are included in this course.
- The first session is a theory session in which we will have an overview of the VPN technology. The principle of working behind a VPN network. The Applications of VPN. The dos and don’t s while using a VPN etc
- In the next session, we will set up a preconfigured Open VPN instance in Amazon Web Service Cloud platform. We will see how we can start an AWS account and a virtual server using the one-year free tier offer provided by Amazon Web Service. Then we will configure the ports and other options for our server.
- In the third session, we will use an SSH Client application to connect to our VPN server. We will use the private key from AWS to access the server via command line.
- In the next session, we will configure the DNS server address of the OpenVPN Server. Then we will also create two test users in the VPN Server.
- Since our server setup is complete, In the fifth session, We will try to connect to our VPN server using a windows PC. We will verify the connection by checking the changed IP address and location.
- And in the next session, We will try to connect to our VPN server using a Linux Computer. Here also, we will verify the connection by checking the changed IP address and location.
- And in the coming session, We will connect to our VPN server using a Mac Computer. we will verify the connection by checking the changed IP address and location.
- Then we will proceed with the leading mobile platforms. First, we will connect with an android mobile phone. We will verify the connection. Then we will go ahead with connecting using an iPhone and verify the connection.
- In the final session, we will discuss some tips and tricks by which you can save the VPN server resources thereby the server expense can be kept to a minimum.
- Overall this is a course which will enable you to set up a quick VPN network. We are not going much deep into the protocol level working of VPN etc. But a very practical setup of a safe and secure VPN network.
- You will also be provided an experience certificate once you finish the course.
- Best wishes with setting up your own private VPN Server. Let’s safeguard our privacy online. See you soon in the classroom. Have a great time. bye bye.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner with interest in setting up VPN and safeguard your privacy and identity online.