What you’ll learn
- Build Portfolio of 8 Apps like Instagram; Tumblr; ESPN/Hacker News; Evernote (Document Storage); TaskRabbit/CraigsList; iMDB; Todolist; Project Manager, etc.
Idea to Implementation (Wireframe to live application) done 8 times.
Quickly build versatile Rails Web Apps so you don’t have to hire expensive developers ($2K+/per project).
- Earn Money from new skills by getting development gigs on freelancer sites.
- Learn how to make beautiful, interactive and versatile web apps using Rails – the most popular web framework.
- Reach a comfortable intermediate to low-advanced level after 30 days of steady work.
- Troubleshoot a variety of common errors
- Ability to add functionality w/ Users, Forms, Image Uploading/Rendering, Voting, Syntax, Styling etc.
- Solid understanding of the MVC (model, view, controller).
- Add jQuery Plug-ins (like Masonry jQuery and raty.js)
- Use HAML syntax to embed Ruby code as a cleaner alternative to .erb
- Test Driven Development (TDD) using Rspec
- Add bootstrap elements and Responsive design
- File storage and manipulation (like Evernote / Google Docs)
- Setup Secure User Logins
- Launch on Heroku (live server)
- Custom Image uploading for social media applications (Tumblr, Instagram, iMDB)
- 5-Star Rating Systems (iMDB-like social-centric apps)
- Sorting and Filtering by Categories
- Comfortable with Git & Github
- Beautiful design (using Sass, a little bootstrap, jQuery libraries)
- No pre-knowledge required for this 8 apps in 30 days challenge. I’ll teach you everything you need to know.
- Modern browser (Chrome, IE, FireFox, Safari) and internet connection
- A Mac laptop or iMac (or Windows PC running OSX)
- Text Editor (I prefer Sublime Text). Free is best when you’re just starting.
- No other special software required
Build your Rails portfolio with 8 super cool web applications in Ruby on Rails. Use it to begin seeking jobs as proof of what you can do, or feel confident to launch projects.
I know the frustration of learning how to code. Trust me. I’ve been there.
But how did I go from “aspiring developer” to winning hackathons with 150 people and building web applications for a living? Simple. I learned by doing. By building different applications over and over again.
“Spent over £2k on a Rails course and it wasn’t half as good as what this course is offering for free. Ta ” – Lyndon Joseph
“This class was simply amazing. I learned a lot and I know how to code now! I’m excited to put in the work to master the new skills I’ve learned. Thank you.” – Montalis Anglade
The 8 app in 30 days course is THE most comprehensive crash course you’ll find in Ruby on Rails, styling/design, and best-practices — or your money back. You can begin with zero skills and become a fee-earning Rails developer in just 30 days.
Zero-to-launch 8 TIMES as you code and own:
- Instagram Web App replica w/ design
- Tumblr Web App replica w/ design
- Evernote or Google Doc – File Storage replica w/ design
- ESPN Fan Forum or Hacker News replica w/ design
- iMDB (or Broadway Web App) replica w/ design
- TaskRabbit (or Craigslist) replica w/ design
- Project Manager replica w/ design (jobs board) replica w/ design
- Todolist (productivity app) replica w/ design
It gets even better!
Enter to win a the super popular Sublime Text License Giveaway!
Sublime Text Editor
“Completely hands-on, no-nonsense, Do-It-Yourself Approach adopted from start to finish. This is not just another Ruby on Rails course, its much better than that. Thanks for putting so much into this course, you’re the man! ” – Osazeme Usen
The best way to absorb unfamiliar concepts is to begin with the large picture in mind and work down to details. This course has been designed to show you new concepts (variables, loops, conditionals, gems, e.t.c.) ONLY AS YOU APPLY THEM and NEVER in theory.
~20 Hours spread over 30 days of clear coding instruction where we will delve into the full process of zero-to-launch!
Chinese Proverb: “I listen, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I learn!”
- A friendly, informal community to support you every step of the way
- Personal contact with me, the course tutor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lifetime access to course materials
- Hands-on learning to lock that knowledge in
- A deep understanding of how to code, design and build powerful websites
I will never leave you hanging!
It doesn’t matter how old you are or what you do professionally. I guarantee that ANYONE can benefit from this course, whether it’s earning a bit of extra cash on the side, changing career altogether or just the freedom to bring ideas to life.
More from former students have this to say:
“Good clear instruction. There are materials floating around online, but Yonathan has put them together in an order that makes sense.” – Jonathan Grove
“Yonathan’s tutorial and style of teaching is really relaxed and to the point. A lot of rails tutorials out there either show you too much or too little. His tutorial was the right mix – focusing on getting stuff up and running really quick.” – Manuel Da Costa
This course is both for students who have no experience in programming at all and also for students who have tried Ruby on Rails in the past but want to take their skills to the next level.
- Looking to build a portfolio with 8 beautiful web apps (have something to show for your work) and build your confidence with Rails.
- For someone seeking a career shift and is exploring Rails
- For solo entrepreneur/freelancer who wants to make a living/side-income from web development
- Intermediates: Those who have dabbled with Rails but are unable to take the next step and code their own ideas
- Beginners: Don’t worry if you don’t know what the command-line or a text editor are! I personally respond to any questions my students have, so there’s no worry about getting stuck or not knowing what to do.
- For someone FED UP with textbooks, incomplete resources and expensive tutorials.
- For a Non-Technical Founder(s) and someone who wants the skills to take an idea from scratch-to-launch